Although we do have building security they have no civil powers to order members of the public to turn down their music or cease disruptive behavior.
Our procedure here at Eureka is:
- Receive the complaint.
- Dispatch security to the alleged source of noise.
- Security listen at the alleged source to try & establish if there is an issue.
- If the alleged source can be positively identified as being a problem security report their findings to Concierge.
- Concierge will contact the problem apartment & politely ask them to address the problem.
- If the problem apartment fails to comply or cooperate we advise the complainant to notify the Police.
- Concierge writes a report which is passed on to Building Management.
If the problem apartment is a constant nuisance there are measures that can be taken by the Body Corporate/Building Management.
The first action is a complaint must be registered by the complainant to the Body Corporate(via Building Management is the best conduit). This complaint is best registered in writing.
The Body Corporate will collate all evidence to support the complaint (such as security reports), and if there is sufficient evidence a ‘Breach’ letter will be issued to the owner of the apartment.